Monday, May 17, 2010

Ideas for a natural themed?

For the past 2 years, i have taken my horse, Teva, to the fair. We decorate our stalls for fun, usually according to the horses name. The past 2 years I have done a tropical theme, but this year i have decided to do a nature theme because Teva means nature in hebrew.





We usually do curtains, so i was wondering what color, and what else i should do for decorations? We also ahve to have a sign with our horses name on it.





I was thinking maybe i could staple up fake leaves and flowers,





So basically my questions are:





1. What should i do for curtain fabric?


2. what should I do for decorations?


3. What colors should i make my sign?





Any suggestions are great.


Thanks!

Ideas for a natural themed?
Greens and browns are usually seen as natural colors.


Try more muted greens such as mossy colors or deep like hunter green. Experiment with wood tones.


If you have the time I think a wooden carved sign would be very appropriate. If not, use paint on a cut piece of wood that hasn't had the bark cut or stripped from it.
Reply:I will try and help you. I'm not a too bad in the decorating department. Maybe these ideas will help.


1. What should I do for curtain fabric? A. I would use something light. Cotton perhaps. Stay with neutral colors. ie. beige, tan, toupe, etc.





2. What should I do for decorations?


A. I wouldn't staple flowers and leaves per say. If you wanted to border, you could do that at the top of the stall. You don't want to leave them low enough for the horse to eat them.





3. What colors should I make my sign?


A. Me personally when I think of hebrew I think of sand. I would make the horses name with sand, kind of like a child's school project with glue and glitter. Just use sand instead. Maybe border the sign with old pieces of wood. You want to stay with nature or natural.





Now that I think about it more. Since you want to decorate natural, if you chose the tan or beige curtains like I have suggested, me personally I like a splash of color. With the leaves and flowers bordering the top of the stall you could use a lot of deep green leaves and some pinks, purples, and reds for the flowers.





I really hope this helps.

skates

No comments:

Post a Comment