Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Can anyone suggest a good insecticide for a guava tree?

I have a 3 year old guava tree which is about to bear hundreds of fruit (just flowered). The problem with the tree is that all the leaves are infested on the underside with a white parasite which also has a fuzz around it. I have tried spraying some insecticide that works on other plants in my garden but it does not work on the guava tree. My husband and neighbours want it to be chopped of for this reason. But I just cannot bear to do so. Please give some suggestion. The climate is tropical (hot) where I live.

Can anyone suggest a good insecticide for a guava tree?
Try spraying the leaves etc. with a mixture of dishsoap, cooking oil %26amp; water...the dishsoap kills the bugs; the oil stops them from climbing. Its Safe for the tree and environment friendly.
Reply:It sounds like it might be some kind of fungi (mold) try spraying a fungicide.


No comments:

Post a Comment